Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Work Ed job- future career?


I like my Career education job. I work at Snip "N" tails over by forest grove. I go there everyday from Tuesday to Friday. It is awesome because I have 2 spares every Monday because they aren't open on that day. It's a really nice break. :-) I need 60 hours altogether, since they aren't open mondays I work an extra half an hour longer. I love this job because I love dogs and cats, and it's fun to work with them. It's so cool to see all the different kinds of animals that come in for a groom everyday. Some dogs you totally fall in love with and you dont want them to leave and you want to keep it. They have a bird cage too, wich is really cool. they have 4 birds, and they have 3 little tiny eggs sitting in there. It is so cool. One of the eggs hatched a couple days ago and the bird is so tiny! and it's pink and has no hair on it. These are my duties in my work place!

- When there is not much to do, I can
1. Sweep- there is always dog hair on the floor
2. Clean out the bird cage- change the paper, wash off gross stuff from the cage, change water and food.
3. Play with the puppies if they are wining and barking. play catch with them
4. Clean windows, dog cages, any other cleaning that they want done.
5. fold towels- fold towels that are used to dry the dogs after there wash, and i put them back on the shelf

6. clean doggie doo dooo, ect. eww


My main jobs are:

1. blow drying/ towel dry the dogs with a regular hair dryer

2. brushing them

3. washing them in the tub- with special soap


I like to do everything but some of the things that bug me is when I blow dry the dogs face, they hate it and its a hard place to blow dry them, because they try to bite and knip at you or growl. Another thing i don't like doing is lifting the big dogs on the table to get brushed out, they are really heavy. When your washing the dogs, you have to be prepared to get wet when they shake themselvs out! and water flys in your face and everywhere. I usally start laughing when they do that, but somtimes its annoying when they do it like 10 times! Also, when I comb the dogs, if they have alot of hair it goes up into the air and gets all in your face and it can be itchy and quite irritating. Today i had to clean up a huge pile of dog poop and it was so gross. so that sucks too..


Well anyways, just thought I would tell you a little bit about my work ed job.

Somthing I cant do there is actually shave the pets, but I will learn how to do that one day!

After graduation I plan on going to a grooming school/class and learn how to shave dogs! Then soon after that, I want to open up my own small busness, and be a pet groomer for a while! And after I get sick of that, hahah I sapose... maybe a daycare worker! Because I love kids. :-)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home